When you look as brokers business cards have you ever wondered what the initials by their name stands for? For example I have ABR after my name. That stands for Accredited Buyer Representative. Only brokers and agents who have completed specialized training in understanding a buyer’s perspective and how to protect and promote their buyer’s interest. By earning the ABR™ designation brokers must also demonstrate proven experience in representing buyers. They must also stay current on new housing industry issues and trends.
Here is how I work with buyers.
- Discuss and understand specific needs and wants in order to locate properties for them to evaluate.
- Assist and guide buyers to in determining how much they can afford by providing them with information about lenders who offer a variety of loan programs.
- Advise and help formulating an offer by preparing a market analysis of comparable homes in the area that have sold.
- Provide a list of qualified and licensed vendors for home inspections, geological engineers & sometime structural engineers.
- Negotiate the best price.
- Then the real important part of my job representing a buyer is keeping track of every detail throughout the buying process until closing and beyond.